4.26.2016

Smash Cake Session with Elizabeth Cavagnaro Photograpy


In the past two months, the last two of my college roommates got married. As I've said before, these girls were, and still are, my family during college. I had a 3 entire kiddo free days to see one get married {and shower more that being a mommy has ever allowed}. The second was a big family vacation filled with seeing Papa, Uncles, wonderful friends, and Auntie Photographer {I've decided that's what I'm going to teach Wesley to call you, Liz}.


 Our trip was one week shy of Wesley's first birthday. I have yet to find the right words to describe what its like to have my last baby pass this threshold into toddlerhood. Its heart wrenching and beautiful and all the other emotions of being a parent.


Thankfully Auntie Photographer was able to capture some beautiful moments with my sweet little boy and his smash cake.


I figured Wesley would dive face first into his smash cake. Being the second child, this wasn't his first trip to the rodeo. Between a daddy who has been sharing his ice cream since before Wesley could sit up and a sister who is always willing to do something to make him smile, Wesley is well versed in the gloriousness that is desserts.


Turns out Wesley had two ear infections and a raging sinus infection at the time of this shoot. Most of the pictures have tears in his eyes and snot on his face. Best parent ever! As a result, Wesley mostly colored his legs {and hurting ears} with frosting.


If you're in San Diego and looking to capture your kiddos' personalities, I can't say enough about how wonderful Elizabeth Cavagnaro Photography is. You can see some of her other beautiful work for our family here and here.


The smash cake was from Edelweiss Bakery in Rancho Bernardo. He's wearing a bowtie from Amazon {blue with light blue dots}. The tie part was way too small {it's a 6-18 month and he wears 18month clothes}. We had a shipping fiasco, which Amazon helped make right, that left no time for realizing his bowtie was too small before the shoot. The diaper is a Freetime from BumGenius in Hummingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment